Alumni Association Graduation Award
Deadline to apply is Friday, October 28th by 12 p.m.
This award is offered to Loyola University New Orleans graduating seniors. A $1,000 award will be granted to one graduating senior from each of Loyola’s five colleges—College of Humanities and Natural Sciences, College of Social Sciences, College of Business, College of Music and Fine Arts, and College of Law.
For graduating seniors, the award will be applied towards the recipient’s Spring 2017 tuition expenses. The $1,000 award will be applied toward tuition only, and must be returned if the candidate does not complete graduation requirements in the year following receipt.
Minimum eligibility requirements
- Candidate must have successfully applied for graduation in the 2016 – 2017 academic year or be classified as a senior in Fall 2016.
- Candidate will be judged upon academic record.
- Candidate must demonstrate financial need.
- Two letters of support are required; one must be from a Loyola faculty member. Both should outline the candidate’s campus leadership and potential for future leadership in his/her community and chosen profession.
Candidates must submit:
- a one-page cover letter outlining his/her experience at Loyola and need for this award (please include in the cover letter any factors that might uniquely qualify the candidate for this award)
- a written resume listing: cumulative Loyola grade point average, expected graduation date and major, campus leadership, community service and civic activities, along with documented financial need.
The Office of Alumni Engagement will verify grade point average and financial need upon receipt of the resume application.
Finalists will be judged based upon resume application criteria, financial need, and individual interviews with the award committee. All decisions made by the committee are final. Award will be credited to recipient’s account upon graduation certification.
Resumes and Cover Letters should be emailed to:
Caroline Gernhauser, at email@example.com, by Friday, October 28th.
The required two letters of support should be mailed to:
Office of Alumni Engagement, Campus Box 909
The letters of support may also be emailed to Caroline Gernhauser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information
Contact the Office of Alumni Engagement at 861-5454, e-mail email@example.com.