The Loyola University New Orleans Alumni Association is seeking nominations for the 2014 Adjutor Hominum Award, the College Alumnus/a of the Year Awards, and the Young Alumnus/a of the Year Award. All nominations are due into the Office of Alumni Relations by Friday, March 7, 2014. Click here to access the Alumni Award Nomination Form.
The Adjutor Hominum Award is the highest award bestowed by the Alumni Association that honors an outstanding graduate of Loyola whose life exemplifies the values and philosophy of Jesuit education—namely moral character, service to humanity, and unquestionable integrity.
As you consider making a nomination for the Adjutor Hominum Award, please recall that this award is distinctive as Loyola honors faculty, staff, and community leaders, respectively, with the following awards:
• The Dux Academicus Award is presented annually in recognition of an outstanding member of the faculty;
• The Coadjutor Optimus Awards are given annually to outstanding members of the university staff;
• The Integritas Vitae Award is presented to a local, national, or world leader who has demonstrated the values and philosophy of a Jesuit education.
The College Alumnus/a of the Year Award honors one alumnus or alumna from each of Loyola’s four undergraduate colleges: Business, Humanities and Natural Sciences, Music and Fine Arts, and Social Sciences. The alumnus or alumna must exemplify those characteristics that Loyola seeks to form in its graduates. They must also demonstrate a strong commitment to their community and to Loyola, and they must be recognized for their accomplishments in their profession or other areas of endeavor.
The Young Alumnus/a of the Year Award honors one young alumnus or alumna from the university. This individual must have graduated from Loyola within the last 10 years. The young alumnus or alumna must exemplify the same criteria mentioned above.
• DEADLINE: March 7, 2014
• ELIGIBILITY: The recipients must hold an earned doctoral, master’s, bachelor’s, or associate’s degree, or a two-year certificate or diploma from Loyola University New Orleans.
• SUBMIT A NOMINATION: Please use the Online Awards Form or submit a letter that specifies the award that you are nominating the individual for, outlines the individual’s accomplishments, professional affiliation, reasons for nomination, as well as other supporting materials.
• SEND TO: Adjutor Hominum Selection Committee, c/o Claire Simno, Ph.D., 7214 St. Charles Ave., Campus Box 909, New Orleans, LA 70118; e-mail email@example.com or call (504) 861-5582; OR Alumni Association Selection Committee, c/o Laurie Leiva, 7214 St. Charles Ave., Campus Box 909, New Orleans, LA 70118; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (504) 861-5752.
• PRESENTATION: The college awards shall be given at the All Alumni Cocktail Reception on Saturday, June 21, 2014, in Monroe Library, and the Adjutor Hominum Award will be presented at the Alumni Association Jazz Brunch on Sunday, June 22, 2014.
• COLLEGE AFFILIATION: For your convenience, the breakdown of the colleges by major can be viewed at alumni.loyno.edu
We would like to personally thank all of our alumni for their support! Your commitment to Loyola through board service, committee work, and chapter involvement allows us to build lifelong relationships between alumni and the university. Please consider making a gift to the Loyola Annual Fund.
For more information, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (800) 798-ALUM, (504) 861-5454, or email@example.com.View All Pack Press Articles »