Young Alumni Pack
The purpose of the Young Alumni Pack (YAP) is to strengthen ties with recent graduates and encourage their continued involvement with the university. Young alumni are invited to share in all events and benefits of the alumni population, but in addition, are offered programs designed exclusively for them.
Young Alumni Pack - What do they do?
The university’s Young Alumni Pack develops and sponsors events that focus on career development, community service, and other social activities to further enhance the relationship between young alumni and the university. Those who have graduated within the past 10 years are invited to participate in young alumni events and are encouraged to consider serving a two-year term on the Young Alumni Pack.
Young Alumni Pack Membership – Who can join?
Alumni who have graduated from Loyola University New Orleans within the past 10 years are eligible for membership. Members are expected to attend and participate in both general and committee meetings.
What are the requirements?
- Board members will serve a term of two (2) years
- Board members will sign-up and actively participate as a member of at least one (1) committee
- Be a good steward to Loyola University New Orleans through your time, talent, and treasure
- Attend at least 2 of the 4 general Young Alumni Committee meeting
- Attend at least three (3) Young Alumni/Alumni events
- Notify the Office of Alumni Relations if you are unable to serve a term of two years
Where and when do the meetings take place?
General meetings (include board members and ALL committee members) take place each quarter (4 meetings per year) in Greenville Hall on Loyola’s Broadway Campus.
What Young Alumni committees can I join?
- Marketing Committee: Responsible for all communications and marketing to local young alumni through the Young Alumni Newsletter, Young Alumni Spotlights, email blasts and social media including facebook and twitter.
- Enrichment Committee: Responsible for assisting local young alumni with social networking and personal development through Young Alumni Happy Hours, the Annual Christmas Cocktail, spiritual events, recreation events, and other special interest programs.
- Professional Networking Committee: Responsible for assisting local young alumni with career networking and professional development opportunities.
- Community Service Committee: Responsible for assisting the local young alumni service opportunities four times a year in conjunction with LUCAP and Wolves on the Prowl.
How do I become a member of the Young Alumni Pack or a committee member?
Whether you are looking for job leads, career advice, housing needs, spiritual growth, or just a happy hour with Loyola buddies, being a member of the Loyola University New Orleans YAP could be the perfect organization for you! Click here to see a list of current board members.
If you are interested in board membership or just want to serve on one of the committees, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at email@example.com or call 1-800-798-ALUM.
Young Alumna/us of the Year
The Alumni Association will honor one young alumnus/a who has given most generously of their time, talent, and treasure to their alma mater and community. This annual award will be presented by the university during the Young Alumni Christmas Cocktail each December. Nominations are due by November 1 of each year. Award Guidelines
Young Alumna/us of the Year Past Recipients
|Year||Alumna/us of the Year|
|2014||Greg Rhoades '06|
|2013||Nick Poche '03|
|2012||Michelle Clarke ‘06|
|2011||Sharonda Williams, J.D. '01|
|2010||Jordan D. Huck '04, J.D. '07|
|2009||Leigh Thorpe '06|